“Take your life into your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame.” – Erica Jong
What do you think is the most common mindset in the world? Unfortunately the answer isn’t a great one but that doesn’t mean we’re all doomed for failure. Victim mindsets are programmed into us due to a variety of factors. Learn how to look out for it in yourself and others, as well as how you can find alternative perspectives to take.
The Signs of Victimhood – 2:45
What really is a victim mindset? It’s more than just complaining all the time. There is a difference between the occasional complainer and someone who truly suffers from a victim perspective. Once you know the difference, you can’t unsee it.
Causes of Complaining – 9:05
This mindset is one that tends to perpetuate itself among a group of people. Vicious cycles are common here since people learn from each other, especially as children. Interestingly enough, the American Dream plays a part here.
The Many Other Perspectives – 13:15
So what else can you do if you don’t want to be stuck in that victim mindset anymore? I outline several other perspectives you can take on the same situation. All the same “reality” but vastly different perceptions. Fair warning, the rescuer mindset is a dangerous one as well. Find out why.
- Victim Entitlement To Behave Selfishly
- Are You A Victim of the Victim Syndrome?
- The Real Victims of Victimhood
Thanks for Listening!
I want to hear what you think!
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Subscribe on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Do you think other people should know about this?
- Leave an honest review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. Your thoughts are important to me and I make sure to read each one.
- Share on Facebook or Twitter.