How do you actually find a passion? From graduation speeches to your favorite celebrities, everyone says to find your passion. But no one actually tells you how to do it. But what if you could put a framework on this? What if there was an actual science towards finding your passion? Turns out, there is. Find out today on this episode.
The Origins of Passion – 3:27
Where does passion come from? Here’s a little secret, passions don’t come out of nowhere. You don’t suddenly wake up one day and declare something to be your passion. That actually does more harm than good. Passions have a pre-evolved form, which everyone has. Can you guess what it is?
Framework of Interests – 8:14
When it comes to developing an interest, there are several stages. The first couple of stages are fairly situational as you need to be naturally interested. But the hard part comes afterwards. What does it really take to develop an interest into a passion?
- The Four Phase Model of Interest Development
- Developing and Fostering Academic and Nonacademic Domains
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- The Role of Deliberate Practice in the Acquisition of Expert Performance
- The Role of Deliberate Practice in Chess Expertise
Thanks for Listening!
I want to hear what you think!
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Subscribe on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Do you think other people should know about this?
- Leave an honest review on iTunes/Apple Podcasts. Your thoughts are important to me and I make sure to read each one.
- Share on Facebook or Twitter.